FUNCTIONS OF EACH DEPARTMENT
Learn More About KADSEMA
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
The Administration Department is headed by a Director and saddled with the functions of carrying out day-to-day administrative duties and financial affairs as well as keeping records of proceedings of the Agency. The department also makes and interprets policies of the Agency. Its functions are as follows:
- Maintenance of all vehicles of the Agency;
- Advising on general administrative duties;
- Secretary to Board meeting(s);
- Signing of the Agency’s cheques & supervising the financial affairs of the Agency;
- Conducting promotion/Discipline of officers on G.L 01 and above;
- Approval of annual leave;
- Keeping proper record of proceedings in the Agency;
- Maintenance of generating plant, equipment, building/Furnitures and computers;
- Keeping record of Fund Allocation Committee (FAC) meeting;
- Preparing and updating Record of Service;
- Taking care of welfare of the Agency staff;
- Making variation order of payment of promotion, termination and retirement;
- Supervision of Securities/cleaners;
- Preparing/updating staff list, leave roaster and seniority list;
- Supervising the Public Relations Unit
Other activities of the department include: Motivation and Disciplinary actions – Ensuring that all facilities to enhance productivity and efficiency are made available.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
The Department of Finance and Administration is responsible for coordination of the day-to-day finances of the Agency. The department liaises with the State Ministry of Finance and State Planning & Budget Commission, the Office of the Accountant-General and the Deputy Governor to ensure that all budgetary provisions accruing to the Agency are released on time. It also ensures that all receipts are made to appropriate authorities and it monitors and maintains records of the account to facilitate periodic audit reports. The Department handles staff salaries and other payments for services rendered to the Agency. It is headed by a Director who reports directly to the Executive Secretary.
In addition, it is also responsible for preparation of monthly returns to Ministry of Finance, collection of Revenue, maintenance of Cash Books, Vote Books and any other financial matters.
DEPARTMENT OF RELIEF AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT
The Department of Relief and Disaster Management has functions that cut across all the other departments of the Agency. The department plans all activities of the Agency and also takes care of the monitoring and evaluation of projects implementation. It has been responsible for developing policies and activities relating to the management of disasters within the State.
The Department is responsible for the following:
- Assisting in developing policies on activities relating to disaster management and coordinating plans and programs for efficient and effective response to disaster at State level.
- Coordinating and promoting research activities relating to disaster management at the state level.
- Monitoring the state of preparedness of all organizations or agencies which may contribute to disaster management in Kaduna State.
- Collating data from relevant agencies so as to enhance forecasting, planning and field operation of disaster management.
- Educating and informing the public on disaster prevention and control measures through conferences and seminars.
- Liaising with the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and other International bodies for the reduction of natural and human induced disasters.
- Assessment of both natural and human induced disasters;
Other Activities of the Department Include:
- Carrying out researches towards the provision of necessary information and monitoring of the state of preparedness of stakeholder organizations and agencies, among others.
- Collation of data from relevant agencies in order to provide database which are expected to enhance forecasting, planning and field operations of disaster management.
- In carrying out its responsibility, the department organizes workshops, seminars, meetings, campaigns and trainings through which members of staff and stakeholders are sensitized and informed on disaster management policies for effective implementation of the Disaster Response Plan (DRP).
- Rehabilitation of victims of disasters/internally displaced persons (IDPs) and vulnerable communities in collaboration with other relevant Agencies;
- Reception and Rehabilitation of State returnees from foreign countries and victims of abduction;
- Provision of relief assistance to people affected by disasters and other friendly states ravaged by natural and human induced disasters;
DEPARTMENT OF FIRE SERVICE
The Department of Fire Service is responsible for the following:
- Putting measures in place to prevent the occurrence of fire outbreak
- Extinguishing, control and prevention of fire
- Revenue generation through Fire Safety Inspection Charges
- In charge of day-to-day Fire Service operation within the state.
- Search and Rescue operations
- Educating and enlightenment of the general public on Fire related issues